Apache Samza 0.10 [Docs]
We are excited to announce that the much awaited Apache Samza 0.10.0 has been released. It is a major release with new features; notably HDFS and ElasticSearch support, broadcast streams.
Enhancements and Bug Fixes
Overall, 130 JIRAs were resolved in this release. Here are few highlights
- SAMZA-348 Add Coordinator Stream to support large and dynamic configuration in a Samza job
- SAMZA-704 Command-line tool to write to the Coordinator Stream
- SAMZA-676 Added support for Broadcast Stream
- SAMZA-617 Add host affinity support for stateful jobs in YARN
- SAMZA-537 Support for TTL for RocksDB stores
- SAMZA-693 Add HDFS system producer
- SAMZA-654 Add ElasticSearch system producer
- SAMZA-598 Create CLI tool to query RocksDB stores
- SAMZA-798 Fix performance issues related to merging checkpoint and coordinator stream
- SAMZA-754 Fix race condition in job runner between coordinator consumer and producer
Sources and Artifacts
For more details about this release, please check out the release blog post.